You will need to pack appropriate personal clothing and equipment such as:
- A Wind/Waterproof jacket and waterproof overtrousers.
- A good pair of walking boots suitable for mountain paths and socks.
- Layers of clothing work well in the hills so take items such as a warm pullover, thin fleece, thermals, t shirts.
- The weather can also be warm so bring sunglasses, sunblock, a hat and shorts!
- Bum bag or day sack for carrying lunch and spare clothing on the mountain.
- A waterbottle
- Some people also bring walking poles
- read our documents section as you will need a valid passport, visas and travel insurance
- In some of our centres, bedding is provided but in others, you will need to bring sheets or a sleeping bag. This will be included in the trip specific final information so please check this for information specific to your holiday.
We provide 3 meals a day while in away but you will need some spending money for hot chocolate, souvenirs and other small items. Swiss Francs are widely available in the UK, maestro cards work in most swiss cashpoints (though be aware of limited availability in some resorts) and credit cards are widely accepted. Please note that meals are not provided in transit and a small amount of euros is useful for breakfast stops.
For travel by coach, some people prefer to bring a neck support, pillow, rug or sleeping bag. Many people find it helpful to bring earplugs, a book, mp3 or dvd player to help getting to sleep. For those with travel sickness it helps to take the appropriate medication before and through the journey.